La Paz - Uyuni Salt Flat Full day - La Paz Shared Tour by Bus
* Check Rates and Bookings for details on pricing.
- Rates & Booking
- How to get there
Shared tour and Round trip bus tickets with Panasur Bus with Bed seat: 95 USD
Shared tour and Round trip bus tickets with Todo Turismo Bus / Semi bed seat, dinner, breakfast and Wi Fi Internet: 125 USD
For groups of 7 or more passengers, please contact us for a custom quote!
Make an inquiry
Please fill out and submit the form below. Or if you would like to speak with a Bolivia Expert, call us via Skype or Whatsapp.
Feel free to Contact Us for bespoke travel design and your best fit travel itinerary.
Recent reviews of this tour
Add a review:
The tour includes:
- Round trip bus tickets La Paz - Uyuni - La Paz. If you choose to travel with the Todo Turismo Bus dinner, breakfast and WiFi Internet are included.
- Pick up from the Uyuni Bus station.
- Shared Transportation: 4x4 vehicle assigned for 7 tourist and one driver.
- Lunch. Beverages during meals included.
- Experienced Spanish speaking driver. If an English speaking guide will be needed please request him with anticipation at extra charge per day.
Services not included in the rate:
- Entrance tickets to:
- Incahuasi Island 30 Bs.- = 5 usd person
- English speaking tour guide
- Additional beverages
- This is a budget friendly tour ideal for tourists traveling alone or in small groups. The tour operator makes proper arrangements to complete the group for 6 travelers and guarantee the departure of the tour for tourists that booked the services in advance.
- The tour runs daily from Monday to Sunday and has been designed for 6 passengers and a driver.
- The vehicle is assigned for 6 passengers plus a Spanish speaking Driver that will take the group from one site to another providing a brief explanation of the places visited.
- Lunch during the shared tour is served with a variety of vegetables and a fruit. There is a special menu for vegetarians at no extra charge.
- Please dress appropriately: comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses and hats are recommended. Sunblock is a must.
- During winter carry gloves, scarf and warm clothes. (May, June, July and August)
- The company rents sleeping bags during the route at extra charge. You can request the sleeping bags and pay for them directly in the Uyuni office.
- This tour does not include travel insurance. If you want to purchase it please contact us.
- If an English speaking guide will be included in the service he/she will use an extra seat in the vehicle. The English speaking tour guide will travel with a group of 11 tourist. Which meals that he will guide 2 vehicles during the trip
- Find below a picture that shows you how the seats will be distributed during the tour. The passengers traveling in the vehicle's third line will have less space for the feet.
- We are a serious Tour provider of tours around the Uyuni area. We make sure that our clients will take a tour with responsible drivers and tour guides. Our drivers NEVER drink alcohol during the tour.
- The Uyuni area is very remote and road conditions are bad. This may cause vehicles to be damaged. Please be patient if a wheel needs to be changed, the drivers are experienced and will get the job done quickly.
- It is important that you get a medical health check in your country before taking this tour. The tour reaches high altitudes that might affect your blood pressure. Even though there is a first-aid kit in the car, we recommend you take with you basic medications for headaches or stomach problems.
- Please note that the tour will take you to remote areas where emergency medical help may not be available. The nearest health center is in the town of Uyuni.
- Due to weather or road conditions the itinerary might vary without notice to ensure traveler safety. Please take the previous detailed itinerary only as a reference.
- We aim to notify customers about major changes in the itinerary during the rainy season, but sometimes the weather changes dramatically and we are not able to inform them with (lots of) anticipation.
- During winter there may be some snow, obliging us to change the route to ensure the safety of our clients.
We can also arrange for you:
- Direct Flight La Paz - Uyuni - La Paz
- Flight Santa Cruz - Uyuni - Santa Cruz
- Private Transfers to Sucre, Potosi, Tupiza, Calama, Oruro, San Pedro de Atacama, La Paz.
- Bus Tickets: La Paz - Uyuni - La Paz
- Bus + Train: La Paz - Oruro - Uyuni
- Train Tickets: Oruro - Uyuni - Oruro: Expreso del Sur and Wara Wara del Sur
- Bus tickets to Sucre, Potosi, Tupiza, Villazon, Avaroa.
- Hotel bookings in Uyuni town, around the Uyuni Salt Flat, Villa Mar, Desert of Atacama and any other departments of Bolivia.
- Travel Insurance
Location of the tourYou will take a night bus to Uyuni from La Paz and return after the tour.
You can travel from La Paz to Uyuni with Trans Titicaca, Panasur Bus or Todo Turismo Bus. The Panasur Bus features semi bed buses and bed buses while the Todo Turismo Bus only has semi bed buses. Trans Titicaca and Todo Turismo Bus offer dinner, breakfast and WiFi internet on board while the Panasur bus offers only transportation. The buses have bathroom and heating.
Panasur departs at 19:00, Todo Turismo at 21:00 and Trans Titicaca bus leaves at 22:00. The travel time between La Paz and Uyuni is about 11 hours.
You can choose at your convenience to travel with any of these bus companies.
19:00 hrs, 21:00 or 22:00 hrs. overnight tourist bus from La Paz to Uyuni.
We will pick you up from the bus company office that will transport you to Uyuni and we will take you to our office in Uyuni where you can leave your luggage and have some free time before starting your tour.
The Shared tour begins at 10:30 a.m. The first stop of the tour is the Train Cemetery, located about 3 kms. from the town of Uyuni. These trains were purchased during the administration of President Aniceto Arce, a great visionary of the mining industry. Unfortunately the exportation of minerals from Bolivia to Europe failed due to the resistance of the natives who did not want their lands invaded.
After a brief visit to the abandoned locomotives, we will take you to the village of Colchani, at the entrance of the Uyuni Salt Flat. Here you can buy some handicrafts made from salt and observe the manual processing of the salt extracted from the salt flat.
Continuing the journey we will show you the "Ojos del Salar" (eyes of the salt flat), small openings where the water flowing beneath the salt is revealed. This water has some healing properties due to its high mineral content. We will extract some salt crystals formed inside these eyes.
On our way to the Incahuasi Island we will make a short stop at the former Salt Hotel Playa Blanca, now converted into a cafe. This Hotel has been closed by the authorities due to the environmental impact it had inside the salt flat. Here you will have some free time to take spectacular photos of the salt flat. Close to the former Salt Hotel is a small mound with many flags from all over the world. These flags have been left by travelers passing by the Majestic Uyuni Salt Flat.
Lunch. The lunch includes a main course, dessert and drinks (sodas, water). Vegetarian menu is available at no extra charge.
After lunch we will visit the Incahuasi Island, home to hundreds of giant cacti gracing the landscape. The island is in the middle of the salt flat, visiting it means little physical effort. From the peak of the Incahuasi Island there are outstanding views of the Uyuni Salt Flat and the Tunupa Volcano.
There will be some extra time here for resting and taking even more pictures.
The tour will end in the Uyuni town at 18:00 hrs approximately.
You will have some free time in Uyuni Town and then you will board the bus back to La Paz city. Todo Turismo and Panasur Bus depart at 20:00 hrs from Uyuni and arrive in the La Paz city by 7:00 a.m. depending on the traffic. Trans Titicaca leaves at 22:00.
Trans Titicaca and Todo Turismo Bus company will provide dinner and breakfast on board while the Panasur Bus company will offer just transportation.