Penena Tour Rurrenabaque,
5 days, 4 nights
- Rates & Booking
- How to get there
Make an inquiry
Please fill out and submit the form below. Or if you would like to speak with a Bolivia Expert, call us via Skype or Whatsapp.
Feel free to Contact Us for bespoke travel design and your best fit travel itinerary.
Recent reviews of this tour
No recent reviews
Add a review:
Day 0: La Paz - Rurrenabaque
- The guide will be waiting for you at the airport to transfer you to the office in Rurrenabaque town. Once in the office you will fill the entrance forms to Madidi National Park and will get a briefing about the next day's itinerary.
- Lodging in a tourist class hotel.
- Free afternoon in Rurrenabaque town.
Day 1: Rurrenabaque - Chalalan Eco Lodge
- Early in the morning after breakfast the guide will pick you up from your hotel to take you to Beni River Port where you will board a motorboat.
- You will make a boat trip of approximately 5 and a half hours on the Beni and Tuichi Rivers. The journey will offer the opportunity to enjoy beautiful rainforest landscapes such as the Bala Gorge and the rainforest fauna.
- Once you get to Chalalan Port you will start a 25 minute walk on the Jaguar Path towards Chalalan Eco Lodge.
- Welcome and lodging in Tacana traditional cabins or rooms.
- Welcome lunch.
- In the afternoon you will take a short walk on one of the themed paths where the local guide will explain about the traditional use of the rainforest.
- Return to the Eco Lodge by canoe, observing monkeys and a variety of birds.
- After dinner you will make a short walk to observe the rainforest night life, fauna and the huge variety of insects.
Day 2: Chalalan Eco lodge - Madidi National Park
- Breakfast at the Eco Lodge.
- Later you will make a 3 to 4 hour walk on the Tapacare path. The guide will explain about the ecological processes and the tropical rainforest.
- Return to Chalalan Eco lodge.
- In the afternoon after a small rest, you will visit the view point. From this spot you will observe beautiful landscapes of Chalalan Lagoon and the extensive Madidi National Park rainforest. The guide will explain the community history, the Chalalan Project and the creation of the Madidi National Park.
- Return to the Eco Lodge.
- Night canoe ride. This is a special activity to observe the eyes of caimans glow in the dark, as well as other species like night birds, monkeys and bats.
Day 3: Chalalan Eco lodge - Madidi National Park
- 5 hour walk on the Silbador, Huaso and Penena paths towards Colpa Saltpeter, a special area of the tropical rainforest where animals gather to obtain mineral salts. This spot is perfect for wildlife observation. The guide will explain about the mammals' behavior, the ecological processes and rainforest habitats.
- Box lunch and break.
- Return by boat on the Tuichi River and a 30 minute walk on the Jaguar path towards Chalalan Eco Lodge.
- This day the total duration of the excursion will be 7 hours with a medium difficulty grade. During the walks you will observe spider moneys, howling monkeys, capuchin monkeys, parrots, macaws, wild boars, and with some luck a jaguar.
- Arrival to the Eco Lodge and snack.
- Time to relax by the lagoon or take a short swim.
- After dinner you can choose as an optional activity a canoe ride on the Chalalan Lagoon to observe the caiman eyes glow, bats, night birds and more.
Day 4: Chalalan Eco lodge - Madidi National Park
- Breakfast at the Eco Lodge.
- Short walk towards Eslabon River. On this day you will make a long walk of approximately 6 hours to explore the virgin rainforest and observe spider monkeys, tapirs, stags, wild pigs, and the surrounding nature of the wet forest.
- Snack at Eslabon River.
- Short rest and landscape observation.
- Return to the River port by the same route.
- Arrival to Chalalan Eco Lodge and snack.
- Free time to relax in the hammocks or enjoy a short swim in the Chalalan Lagoon.
- Buffet Dinner: Typical dishes of the area.
- Canoe ride: special activity to observe de impressive Caiman eyes shine in the night.
- Traditional Quechua-Tacana night special activity to learn about the Uchupiamonas community customs, rituals, music and traditional drinks of the area. You will enjoy the native dances with the San Jose de Uchupiamonas community people.
Day 5: Chalalan Eco lodge - Rurrenabaque
- Breakfast at the Eco lodge.
- Early walk on one of the themed paths to observe for the last time the wild life.
- Return to the Eco Lodge and lunch.
- After Lunch you will make a short walk towards Chalalan Port on Tuhichi River to board a motor boat.
- Return to Rurrenabaque town (3 hour trip).
- Arrival to Rurrenabaque and transfer to Rurrenabaque Airport.
- End of our services.
Note:Lunch on the last day will be served at 11:00 a.m. to reach Rurrenabaque Airport for the 16:00 p.m. flight.
The tour includes:
The tour includes:
- Transfer in/out Rurrenabaque Airport.
- Night at a Tourist Class Hotel in Rurrenabaque.
- Comfortable transportation (motor boat) from Rurrenabaque town to Chalalan Eco Lodge (In/Out).
- Comfortable and Safe lodging in Tacana traditional style cabins.
- Full board during the stay at Chalalan Eco Lodge.
- Bottled water during the activities.
- Native guides (Spanish/English/Quechua)
- Guided activities in Chalalan area – P. N. Madidi.
The tour doesn't include:
- Air tickets La Paz - Rurrenabaque - La Paz.
- Entrance fee to Madidi National Park
- Sodas, alcoholic drinks.
- Meals during your stay in Rurrenabaque town.
- Services not mentioned in the tour description.