The tour will start by picking you up from your Hotel in Uyuni Town, Uyuni Bus station or Uyuni Airport(Joya Andina).
- The journey will begin around 10:30 a.m. traveling towards Colchani, a small village of salt producers located 20 Km away from Uyuni. In Colchani village you will visit a traditional Salt Factory and have some time off to buy salt handicrafts and souvenirs.
- On the way to the Uyuni Salt Flat you will see Salt Piles used in the extraction of salt by the workers. Next, you will visit the Eyes of the Salt Flat (Ojos del Salar) that are small water streams flowing from inside the earth beneath the salt. You will observe the geological formations of salt water and rocks. It is thought that this water has healing proprieties due to its particular mineral concentrations.
- You will make a stop for lunch in the middle of the Salt Flat. Delicious main course, fruits and soft drinks will be served. (a vegetarian menu is available upon request).
- Continuing your trip you will make a short stop at the Salt Museum (former Salt Hotel) where the displays include salt sculptures and salt objects. Close to the museum there is a small mound with many flags from all over the world. These flags have been left by travelers passing by the Majestic Uyuni Salt Flat.
- Overnight at Hotel Luna Salada or Hotel Palacio de Sal. Dinner will be served and paid at the Hotel Restaurant.
- Trekking to reach the Tunupa Volcano view point. You will see at this spot: Chantani Mummies (Andean mummies).
- Following the itinerary you will travel towards the Fish Island / Incahuasi Island - an angelfish-shaped hill with many giant cacti up to 10 to 12 meters high - a spectacle of life inside the salt desert. You will also visit Caverns of petrified algae : proof that the Salt Flat was once a vast ocean full of life. (This tourist spot cannot be visited during the rainy season)
- You will stay on Incahuasi Island for about 2 hours. From the Island there is a stunning view of the Tunupa Volcano.
- On the way back to Uyuni town we'll make a Stopover at the Train Graveyard for a short stroll.
- Arrival to Uyuni town approximately at 18:00 p.m.
The tour includes:
- Pick up from your Hotel in Uyuni town, Uyuni Bus Station or Uyuni Airport for free.
- Private Transportation in a comfortable 4x4 vehicle.
- Meals: (1) Breakfast, (2) Lunch. Beverages during lunch included.
- Accommodation at Hotel Luna Salada or Hotel Palacio de Sal: Single, Double or Triple room with private bathroom, hot water, heating and Wi-Fi Internet.
- Experienced Spanish speaking tour guide / driver. If an English speaking guide will be needed please request him with anticipation at an extra charge per day.
Services not included in the rate:
Entrance tickets to:
- Incahuasi Island
- Dinner at the selected Hotel.
Please carry Bolivianos currency to purchase the entrance tickets. It is not allowed to pay with US dollars or any other currency.
- English speaking tour guide
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- This is a private tour, meaning that you won't share the vehicle with other travelers.
- In order to provide more comfort to travelers, accommodation will be arranged in guestrooms with private bathroom, hot water and heating.
- Meals are served with a variety of vegetables and fruits. There is a special menu for vegetarians available at no extra charge.
- Please dress appropriately: comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses and hats are recommended. Sun block is a must. Do not forget your swimming suit to enjoy the thermal waters.
- During winter carry gloves, scarf and warm clothes. (May, June, July and August).
- The company rents sleeping bags during the route at extra charge.
- This tour does not cover traveler insurance. If you want to purchase it please contact us.
- The service doesn't include tips or extra beverages.
- We are a responsible Tour provider of tours around the Uyuni area. We make sure that our clients will take a tour with responsible drivers and tour guides.
- It is important that you get a medical health check in your country before taking this tour. The tour reaches high altitudes that might affect your blood pressure.
- Due to weather or road conditions the itinerary might vary without prior notice to ensure traveler safety. Please take the previous detailed itinerary only as a reference.
- We aim to notify customers about major changes in the itinerary during the rainy season as soosn as possible, but sometimes the weather changes dramatically and we are not able to inform you with (lots of) anticipation.
- During winter there may be some snow, obliging us to change the route to ensure the safety of our clients.
- If an English speaking guide will be included in the service he/she will use an extra seat in the vehicle.
We can also arrange for you:
- Todo Turismo or Panasur Bus tickets to and from Uyuni
- Flights to Uyuni or Sucre from La Paz.
- Private Transfers to Sucre, Potosi, Tupiza, Calama, Oruro, San Pedro de Atacama, La Paz.
- Hotel bookings in Uyuni townand any other cities in Bolivia.
- Travel Insurance
Discover the fascinating Uyuni Salt Flat and the imponent Tunupa Volcano. The route also includes trekking at Incahuasi Island and visit to the mummies, Caverns of petrified algae and Colchani.
For this tour, we have assembled the best travel arrangements for your trip of a lifetime. Transportation, accommodation and tour guide services have been carefully planned to provide maximum comfort and safety.
Experience the Uyuni Salt Flat in a tour that takes you away from civilization. Our aim is to show you the hidden gems of Uyuni's stunning natural beauty.
Location and Map
In order to take the tour, you will have to travel to Potosi department in southwest Bolivia. Uyuni Town is located in Potosi department and it is the gate of the famous Salar de Uyuni.