El Alto International Airport in La Paz, Bolivia
El Alto International Airport is located in the political capital of Bolivia: La Paz. La Paz is considered the highest capital city in the world. La Paz airport is located about 14 kilometers to the southwest of La Paz city, or approximately 20 minutes by car.
Second in importance in Bolivia, El Alto International Airport is also one of the busiest for passenger traffic. It concentrates national and international flights to the main South American destinations, as well as to Miami and Madrid among others.
Official Name: El Alto International Airport
IATA Code: LPB
Opened in: 1965
Official website: sabsa.aero/aeropuerto-el-alto/
Tel.: +591 (2) 215 7300
Number of terminals: 2
At the La Paz Airport exterior there is a taxi stop and a bus stop to transport the passengers to the city center and surroundings. The bus and taxi stops are situated next to the main entrance. Due to the high passenger traffic it is important to hire a transfer service in advance. More information about Hotel - El Alto International Airport - Hotel transfer services in La Paz city.
- Car rental companies have offices in the main hall at La Paz airport
- ATM machines, money exchange and bank services are situated at the arrivals terminal
- Internet, international and national phone calls, post office available in the airport
- Conference rooms, VIP Lounges
- At El Alto La Paz Airport you will also find restaurants, fast food parlors, coffee shops and bars
Shopping - In the international pre-boarding area you will find Duty Free shops, jewelry and handcrafts stores, bookstores and tobacco shops.
Luggage - There is a luggage storage service booth at the entrance of the main hall. The passengers can storage their suitcases by hours or days for a convenient fee.
- 24-Hour medical assistance provided by the Airport Medical Unit (UMA) and the Medical Emergency Unit (UDEM). The medical attention is free for the passengers and there is also a small drugstore to acquire medicaments.
- Tourist information booth in the main hall.
Handicapped facilities - El Alto International Airport has ramps and special bathroom facilities. Wheel chairs are available upon request.
Parking - El Alto International Airport in La Paz has an extensive parking area situated in front of the main gate. It is free for passengers and a side covered parking area with permanent security for long stays is situated in the west wing of the passenger terminal. There is a special parking area for handicapped passengers.
Hotels - There is no Hotel inside the airport area. Book a hotel near El Alto International Airport here!
To get more information about flights in Bolivia, click here.