Private Tour Majestic Uyuni Salt Flat,
1 Full Day
- Rates & Booking
- How to get there
Location and map
In order to take the tour, you will have to travel to Potosí department in southwest Bolivia. Uyuni Town is located in Potosí department and it is the gate of the famous Uyuni Salt Flat.
The 10,582 square kilometers of white desert are visible from space and house unseen fauna and flora gems.
The tour starts by picking you up from your hotel in Uyuni Town, the Uyuni Bus Station or La Joya Uyuni Airport.
The journey will begin around 10:30 a.m. traveling towards Colchani, a small village of salt producers located 20 kms away from Uyuni. In Colchani village you will visit a traditional Salt Factory and have some free time to buy salt handicrafts and souvenirs.
On the way to the Uyuni Salt Flat you will see Salt Piles used in the extraction of salt by the workers. Next, you will visit the Eyes of the Salt Flat (Ojos del Salar) that are small water streams flowing from inside the earth beneath the salt. You will observe the geological formations of salt water and rocks. It has been said that this water has healing proprieties due to its particular acidic concentrations.
You will make a stop for lunch in the middle of the Salt Flat. Delicious main course, fruits and soft drinks will be served. (a vegetarian menu is available upon request at no extra charge).
Continuing your trip you will make a short stop at the Salt Museum (former Salt Hotel) where the displays include salt sculptures and salt objects. Close to the museum there is a small mound with many flags from all over the world. These flags have been left by travelers passing by the Majestic Uyuni Salt Flat.
Following the itinerary you will travel towards the Incahuasi Island - an angelfish-shaped hill with many giant cactuses up to 10 to 12 meters high - a spectacle of life inside the salt desert.
You will stay on Incahuasi Island for about 2 hours. From the Island there is a stunning view of the Thunupa Volcano.
At the end of the journey we will make a quick stop at the Train Graveyard, located near by Uyuni town.
18:00 hrs. approx. Arrival in Uyuni town.
END OF OUR SERVICES
The tour includes:
- Pick up from your Hotel in Uyuni town, Uyuni Bus Station or Uyuni Airport.
- Private Transportation: 4x4 vehicle
- Meals: Lunch. Beverages during lunch
- Experienced Spanish speaking driver. If an English speaking guide will be needed please request him with anticipation at extra charge per day.
Services not included in the rate:
- Entrance tickets to:
- Incahuasi Island 20 Bs.- = 3 usd per person
- English speaking tour guide
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- This is a private tour, which means that you won't share the vehicle with other tourists.
- Meals are served with a variety of vegetables and fruits. There is a special menu for vegetarians at NO extra charge.
- If an English speaking guide service will be he/she will use an extra seat in the vehicle.
- Please dress appropriately: comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses and hats are recommended. Sun block is a must.
- During winter carry gloves, scarf and warm clothes. (May, June, July and August).
- The company rents sleeping bags during the route at extra charge.
- This tour does not cover traveler insurance. If you want to purchase it please contact us.
- The service doesn't include tips or extra beverages.
- We are a serious Tour provider of tours around the Uyuni area. We make sure that our clients will take a tour with responsible drivers and tour guides.
- It is important that you get a medical health check in your country before taking this tour. The tour reaches high altitudes that might affect your blood pressure.
- Uyuni tours are generally safe and reliable but it is important to be aware that this area is very remote. Some extra snacks, warm clothes and a sleeping bag are recommended. While breakdowns do happen, drivers are adept at fixing their vehicles and are always willing to help each other out. We believe if you are informed about the possible negative aspects of the tours you can prepare yourself better and will have a more positive experience.
- Due to weather or road conditions the itinerary might vary without notice to ensure traveler safety. Please take the previous detailed itinerary only as a reference.
- We aim to notify customers about major changes in the itinerary during the rainy season, but sometimes the weather changes dramatically and we are not able to inform them with (lots of) anticipation.
- During winter there may be some snow, obliging us to change the route to ensure the safety of our clients.
We can also help you book:
- Direct Flight La Paz - Uyuni
- Direct Flight Santa Cruz - Uyuni
- Bus Tickets : La Paz - Uyuni
- Bus + Train: La Paz - Oruro - Uyuni
- Train Tickets: Oruro - Uyuni - Oruro: Expreso del Sur and Wara Wara del Sur
- Bus tickets to Sucre, Potosi, Tupiza, Villazon, Avaroa.
- Private transfers to Sucre, Potosi, Tupiza, Calama, Oruro, San Pedro de Atacama, La Paz.
- Hotel bookings in Uyuni town, around the Uyuni Salt Flat, Villa Mar, Desert of Atacama and any other departments of Bolivia.
- Travel Insurance