3 Days, 2 Nights
- Rates & Booking
- How to get there
Location and map
The tour takes place in the Madidi National Park located in the Northwest region of La Paz department. The Madidi National Park is in the provinces Franz Tamayo, Iturralde and Abel Bautista Saavedra in the uper Amazon River basin. It is part of one of the largest protected areas in the world.Pampas-Tour-07.jpg
- Meeting point Rurrenabaque town at 9:00
- The journey will start by traveling from Rurrebanaque town to Santa Rosa de Yacuma. The travel time will be 3 hours approximately. Travelers will need a bottle of water for the trip (2 liters each) and cash to pay the entrance ticket to the Madidi National Park (150 Bs.-)
- Lunch will be served in a restaurant in Santa Rosa de Yacuma
- After lunch you'll continue your trip about 20 minutes more and will reach Yacuma River.
- Travelers will take a Boat trip along the Yacuma River. During the 3 to 4 hours of the trip, you will have the opportunity to observe a variety of wildlife such us capibaras, cocodriles, little and big monkeys, turtles, alligators and birds.
- The Yacuma River is not really wide, so tourists can see the wildlife easily. The boat travels slowly so you can take good pictures.
- Arrival to the Camp where the cook will welcome you with a soft drink and a snack.
- Cabins will be assigned.
- In case the weather allows it, you'll be taken to a privileged spot to enjoy a fantastic sunset. Tourists can take some extra money to purchase a beer, soda or chocolates.
- Return to the camp.
- Boat trip through the swamps.
- You'll trek around the swamp for about 3 hours looking for Anacondas.
- Return to the Camp.
- Optional nap
- During the evening you'll take a boat and swim with the Pink Dolphins.
- You can also request a piranha fishing activity.
- Return to the Camp
- After dinner you'll take a night boat trip and look for alligators and capibaras
- Return to the Camp
- Early wake up to enjoy a beautiful pampas sunrise.
- Return to the Camp
- Boat trip for wildlife observation on the Yacuma river
- Return to the camp
- Return to Rurrenabaque town. The trip will be by boat and later by 4WD jeep as in the beginning of the tour.
- Arrival in Rurrenabaque town around 16:00 to 17:00 hrs.
- Due to the road conditions during the rainy season the arrival time to Rurrenabaque town is later.
Tourists should leave the luggage that they won't use at the office in Rurrenabaque. A safe deposit box will be provided.
The tour includes:
- 2 nights cabin bedroom with mosquito net
- Dinning room and solar power light
- Buffet Lunch, bottled water
- First Aid kit
- Transportation by 4x4 jeep
- Profesional Guide
- Profesional cook
- Radio communication
Services not included
- Entrance Fee (Bs. 150)
- Hostal in Rurrenabaque
- Alcoholic beverages
Important to bring:
- Water Bottle (first day)
- Hiking Shoes
- Sun Block
- Toilet paper
- Long Pants (White if Possible)
- Long Sleeve T-Shirt (Whitel if Possible)
- Insect repellent
- Sleeping Bag
Extra Cash for:
- Breakfast Day 1
- Dinner Day 3
- Airport Taxes
- Hotel in Rurrenabaque
- Entrance Fee to Madidi National Park
Please take into consideration that there is NO ATM in Rurrenabaque town.
We can also arrange for you:
- Direct Flight La Paz - Rurrenabaque - La Paz
- Hotel bookings in Rurrenabaque town
- Travel Insurance
The company is able to customize packages according to the requirements of the clients as below:
- 2 days - 1 night to 5 days - 4 nights jungle trips.
- Trekking to Madidi: 14 days or more
- Rafting and Kayaking on the Tuichi River
Enjoy the beautiful sunset and sunrise at Pampas and discover the natural wonders inside the Madidi National Park in the Bolivian Amazon basin. This tour will allow you not only to watch native flora and fauna but also to visit the alligators' natural habitat. Travelers are in constant contact with wild animals and have the opportunity to swim with the unique Pink Dolphins.
The accommodation at Pampas tour can be arranged in double room cabins or shared room cabins. Cabins feature bathrooms, showers, electricity for 3 to 4 hours during the night. There is a power outlet in the dining room where tourists can recharge their camera batteries.
Cabins also feature radio communications.
During the search for Anacondas, travelers will be provided with rubber boots to trek around the swamp.